Thursday, January 20, 2011

A blast into the past!


Okay My friend Rinaya who by the way, is the best blogger I know, gave me the idea for this post. her blog is called wandering thoughts it's awesome check it out.  
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have travelled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions. 

Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?
 I am already too young, but still if I have to go back 10 years, it would be the year 2000 and I would be a 9 year old studying in Erode. I must be in my 4th std. It’s hard to say, I shifted schools and cities very quickly when I was a kid. 4 schools till I reached my 5th std, ought to tell you how confusing it would be for me to calculate the whereabouts of my younger self (MYS).

  1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
No way, MYS was cute, short and chubby and he seldom cared about what went on around him. So if he saw a creepy, tall and ugly looking guy, he probably would just start crying and make a scene (I would be beaten up by the kind strangers in the near surrounding) 

     2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?                                                 Um.... I’m still toiling to complete by B.com degree, He must think I would be taking      science stream during my +1. But boy is he in for a sore surprise. (I still don’t understand why I took commerce when the principal offered me both computer science and biology) And he would be surely surprised to know I do a little bit of catering work, just so that I could have some fun with my friends.
 
  1. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
I would not give him fashion advice; my wardrobe selection was made by my dad back then. And he had some great taste. But I would tell MYS to stock up on some great jeans before he moves to Kerala. Kerala has THE worst collection of jeans pants ever, and any good jeans you do find don’t fit you right.

 
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
I’m sure he would love to know if he would become a football player for Chelsea. (My favorite football club)


      5. How would you answer YYS's question?
I would just give him a slap and say this- “stupid, no Indian player is ever going to play in premier league (not in the near future any way) and even if by some voodoo magic they do get an opportunity to see you play, you need to have practice playing with other people, kicking around a ball alone isn’t going to help you. You don’t play football alone, it takes 11 players, and present you sucks, so practice harder make me a great player.” (I know I’m selfish)


6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
Dude, you are going to grow up and join big boys school, the guys sitting at the back may seem all that cool, and awesome. And you would be mighty disappointed that you couldn’t join them. Well here’s something to remember then, they are nothing compared to how awesome you are going to be in a college (I can always lie to him). Oh that is if you join my college, you see it’s always good to be the big fish in a small pond. And for Christ’s sake get rid of your stage fright.

7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
That MYS will get into a cycle accident that will humiliate him in front of all his friends very soon. (in 5th std) But he’ll learn a very valuable lesson then, “beautiful girls can be… well really beautiful, but when you are down, hurt, and bleeding only the really kind ones help.” Ok, it’s not a valuable lesson.


8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
That, compared to him, I look like an African person. Get out of the sun light, sports ain’t gonna get you places. But looks certainly can, I know I could have made the cut for that VJ event if I looked a bit better!


9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
That I still eat a pack of biscuits, every evening. And that I’m still a die hard Chelsea fan!

10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
I can’t say, lotteries would be banned in Tamil Nadu that year. If that didn’t happen I would give MYS all the wining lottery numbers for the past 10 years. If I had a rupee for every time I thought of that I would be really rich. *drifts into a day dream

2 comments:

  1. First of all...stop feeding me with so much praise..I won't know how to climb down from the clouds :P
    And well, interesting answers i must say.. specially the cycle accident and valuable lesson combo.. & hey it is a valuable lesson: beauty lies in nature and not just in looks... :)
    good interview :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8 post...nice answers except u being so brutal to ur yys in explaining to him dat he wont b able to play 4 chelsea :P.....n yeah agree wid rinaya...cycle accident 1 was cute...:)

    ReplyDelete